EDIT Happily, Crispin has a home! And because cats are devious, Briar Rose brought not just one little black and white kitten with her to breakfast this morning (14 July) but three. Stand by for further kitten offers!
Briar Rose brought up two kittens this morning. One little black and white one, skittish as heck, and…Crispin.
Who is possibly Crispina. He is very young. But you know what that means, gentle readers! It means that I am about to impose upon you once again to publicize a Cat What Needs A Home. Because while this guy is grade-A weapons-grade cute, we have five cats. We do not need six cats. Someone out there, on the other hand, needs a tiny adorable cat. Like this one. Does he purr? Gentle readers, if his cute is weapons-grade, his purr will strike down nations with one soft motory exhale. He likes to nibble your fingers while you scritch his tummy. This evening, his first evening in a new place, he has discovered the wonder of TOYS. He thinks a sparkle puffball is just about the coolest thing he’s ever seen. He uses the litter box for all appropriate functions. He eats like a very, very tiny horse. Oh and also? He has only been indoors for 15 hours, and he has already learned to disapprove:
I am kind of sure Crispin is a boy, but will not rule out the possibility that he is actually Crispina. It is hard to tell with kittens this small. He is a flame point, but any Siamese ancestry is so far in the past that all he’s likely to have is the coloring. Crispin is a genuine purebred Manor Cat for sure, though. He will go to the vet as soon as we can get him in to check him for FIV/FELV, get him dewormed, and get him vax appropriate to his age. We will hold onto him until he is old enough to be neutered, and then we will have him snipped and get him his rabies vaccination so he’s all legal and stuff.
Somewhere out there is a person who wants, no, NEEDS this tiny adorable ball of felinity. Gentle readers, we must make sure that person sees this post. Here are the Boilerplate Kitten Legalities:
1) He always has a place here. If the new owner cannot keep him for any reason, I will not ask questions, I will not judge, I will not grouse on my blog. I will just come get the cat and bring him back to the Manor.
2) I will drive up to four hours from Fredericksburg, VA to put him in a new home. This covers most of the state of Virginia, a good chunk of Maryland, a good chunk of West Virginia, and even goes as far as Gettysburg, PA (I take the back roads to avoid I-95).
3) He must be an indoor kitty. Crispin has lived the outdoor life and now deserves to be safe in a climate-controlled environment with soft beds and lots of toys.
4) No declawing. It’s mean. Just no.
5) Yes, he is adorable. But you know what? Surprise kittens make crap gifts, y’all. Therefore I will need to be in contact with the actual person with whom young master Crispin will be living. I do not care how well you know your friend/roomie/spouse/partner/parent/sibling/dentist. Crispin is not a good present.
6) As of right now I have no idea how he does with other critters, because he’s still in quarantine. Look for more info after his check-up and FIV/FeLV testing!